Full-time students must complete 8 elective courses within 1 year and part-time students must complete 8 elective courses in 2 years. There are no compulsory courses and students can choose from the day time postgraduate courses as well as evening time postgraduate courses offered by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Coursework Requirements:
Students are required to take at least 8 courses and complete a minimum of 24 credit units for graduation.
Students can select below coded courses:
- CSCI 5000-level or 6000-level (except CSCI6500)
- CENG 5000-level or 6000-level
- ENGG5101, 5103, 5104, 5105, 5106, 5108, 5189
Subject to the approval of Programme Directors concerned, students may also select at most 2 courses from below coded courses offered by other M.Sc. programmes from Divisions within the Faculty of Engineering or courses offered by M.Sc. programme in Information Technology Management:
- DSME5000-level or 6000-level (except DSME6790)
- Other Requirements for Graduation:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- A student who obtains a cumulative grade point average (GPA) below 2.0 in the preceding term or receives a failure grade in thesis monitoring courses (for Research Postgraduate Programmes) will be put on academic probation. For details, please refer to Clause 14.0 “Unsatisfactory Performance and Discontinuation of Studies” of the General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies which can be accessed from the Graduate School homepage: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/gss.